to the website for the North American Hair Research Society. The North American Hair Research Society members are clinical or basic science researchers who are committed to unraveling the causes and developing effective treatments for disorders of hair growth.
We are pleased to announce the expansion of NAHRS to the American Hair Research Society (AHRS)
– now encompassing all of the Americas. Stay tuned as we build a new website at www.americanhairresearchsociety.org
The North American Hair Research Society's mission is:
This website was designed to
- To strongly encourage and promote scientific research in the field of the normal and disordered hair growth.
- To promote dissemination of state of the art knowledge on hair biology and medical hair disorders.
- To promote interdisciplinary interaction between basic scientists and clinicians through regular meetings, publications and innovative communication.
- To establish links with other international hair research societies and to arrange combined meetings on a periodic basis.
- To educate both our colleagues and the public on hair biology and the pathophysiology and treatment of hair related conditions.
- To create and maintain a database of hair disorders that will foster greater enhanced communication between bench scientists, clinicians, industry, patient support societies, lay public, government and managed care organizations.
facilitate and promote communication amongst researchers, to provide ready access to recently published articles
or presentations on hair research and treatment and to inform researchers and interested clinicians of upcoming meetings
pertinent to hair biology and research. Hair-related meetings
over the next year, both national and international, are noted.We have also provided a section, Patient Information (FAQs)
, for interested individuals especially patients with hair loss (alopecia), that provides reliable information prepared by experts on the various common hair disorders. This section also provides answers to frequently asked questions regarding these conditions and their treatment. In the News section
, recent news worthy research in the field of hair biology or clinical trials of hair disorders are presented by one of the many NAHRS members. Clinical trials on hair disorders in North America for which patients are being actively recruited are presented in the Current Studies section
.An application form
is provided for individuals in hair research or the care of patients with hair disorders and can be downloaded for easy use. An exclusive area for NAHRS members only
is provided with a NAHRS roster, bulletin boards, online discussions, meeting minutes and grant applications.
| » NAHRS EVENTS || » CURRENT STUDIES || » IN THE NEWS |
|Hair-related meetings over the next year, both nationally and internationally. ||Clinical trials on hair disorders in North America for which patients are being actively recruited. ||Recent news worthy research in the field of hair biology or clinical trials of hair disorders. Written by a NAHRS member. |
| » FAQs || » NAHRS MEMBERSHIP || » NAHRS COMMUNITY |
|An update written by NAHRS members on common hair disorders and answers to questions patients frequently ask. ||An online application for qualified people involved with hair disorder research. ||An exclusive area for NAHRSmembers only. Features include NAHRS roster, bulletin boards, online discussions, meeting minutes and grant applications. |